Tuesday 20 May 2014

Smitten By Britain: 10 Ways I am Still Very British Outside of Britain

Yes, it's that time again! My monthly post on Smitten by Britain is out into the blogosphere and it would appear that many Brits around the world can relate to 10 Ways I am Still Very British Outside of Britain.

I have loved reading the comments from expats that can relate to my British traits in the USA, Canada, Belgium, Australia, the Bahamas, Switzerland, France as well as from readers who believe they may well be British but who were most likely kidnapped and then raised in another country. So many around the world who are British at heart, even if not quite British born.

Anyhoo... if you haven't read it yet, here it is:

"I’ve been living in the Netherlands for almost fourteen years but I am still the proud owner of a British passport. However, the words “United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland” inscribed across the top of my passport are not what make me British.
If I surrendered my British passport tomorrow (which I have no intention of doing, but just humour me) I would still be British, in these ten ways at least:"

To read the rest go to: http://www.smittenbybritain.com/10-ways-im-still-very-british-outside-of-britain/

2 comments:

  1. I just popped by to say g'day from the blog hop! I'm now following you and look forward to reading your posts.

    I love Smitten by Britain and have read your posts so am thrilled to read your own blog!

    Please stop by and say g'day if you have a minute and feel free to join in with my weekly Say G'Day linky party.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by - I've caught up with you too :-)

    ReplyDelete