Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday Roasties

Sunday in Britain is traditionally the day for a roast dinner. The childhood memories wrapped up in a Sunday roast lunch are precious and numerous. When my mum made a roast beef with all the trimmings it was heaven on a Sunday lunch plate. Yorkshire puddings the size of houses. Gravy. Mustard on the table. And the crown on the plate - roast potatoes: crispy, juicy, hot.

Now that I am a mother trying to instil a little Britishness into all four of my Dutch boys, I realise just how much work my mum went through every Sunday to have a roast on the table for us. But, oh, they were and still are so appreciated! 


If you are a British expat: do you miss Sunday roasts? Do you still cook them where you are? If you are not British - have you ever had the pleasure of a traditional roast?



OneDad3Girls

6 comments:

  1. I love my Sunday roasts and look forward to them every or most weeks, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have them very often now I live in the Netherlands - which makes them all the more special when I make one!

      Delete
  2. I am new here so I am trying to learn how to do a proper Sunday roast. Still not successful =P #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat roast potatoes no matter what day it is

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, they look delicious! I'm getting hungry looking at them. Can't beat a good roastie. #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh they look so good! We had them yesterday! :D x

    ReplyDelete